Runner - Office Runner
What you do in the job?
You will assist in the day-to-day running of the offices, logging and carrying out staff requests or forwarding to appropriate alternative staff if necessary.
Runner's responsibilities are highly varied:
* Organise VHS & DVD dubbing (often to tight deadlines)
* Record programmes from TV
* Answer main phone line & cover Reception
* Collect, sort, distribute and frank mail
* Make daily runs to other tT sites - driving company vehicle if Amersham-based
* Order stationery and keep stock tidy
* Keep kitchens clean and tidy, loading & unloading dishwashers
* Check & replenish stock of kitchen consumables
* Check & replenish water stocks
* Set up and clear meeting rooms
* Photocopy & basic filing
* Assist in set up of office areas, including furniture builds & moves
* Liaise with regular suppliers - order stock and resolve basic queries
* Assist in set up of social events
* Collect and/or deliver recycling
* Maintain paper stocks for photocopiers
* Check central fax machine and distribute faxes
* Help with archives
* Flag up any issues in the building
* Occasionally assist Librarian and Camera Kit Co-ordinator
What qualities are required?
* Good communication skills
* Ability to use own initiative
* Practical and logical approach to work
* Computer literate
Present ideas and data in a logical easily understood format. Adapts their communication style according to who they are dealing with.
* Planning & organisation
Delivers work to agreed objectives, meeting deadlines and standards.
Develops effective relationships with colleagues in other areas of the business, who can assist in achieving goals.
* Working Together
Actively co-operates with colleagues, building their trust and respect.
* Commercial Awareness
Demonstrates a broad knowledge of the part of the business that they operate in.
How you start and where you can go with it?
Also consider these general questions:
Which areas within TV interest you most?
How would your friends describe you - what are your key qualities?
Why do you think you are suitable for the runner role?
What have you done that leads you to believe that you are suitable?
Good Luck from the StartinTV.com team... to join StartinTV.com to post your CV in front of some the top programme makers goto